Thursday, October 13, 2011
Update
Hello all. The Tobacco Free Initiative committee has been working vigorously to promote the Great American Smokeout that will be held in the oval on November 17th, 2011. Make PSU Tobacco Free, our recently developed Facebook page, is gaining support by the day with over 200 people "liking" the page in the first week. I have been meeting with several members of Gorillas in Your Midst to iron out the events of the Great American Smokeout and create a message strategy to effectively gain the support of the student body.I submitted a resolution the Senators of the Student Government Association that would proclaim November 17th Great American Smokeout Day. It will be up for second reading when we come back from fall break and I do not anticipate any opposition. Over the next week, my committee and I will be compiling a fact sheet to distribute to each student organization that will explain our stance towards tobacco use on campus and our motivations for taking up this campaign. It is extremely important that students understand that we are not trying to be oppressive, but progressive. We are not condemning anyone's individual lifestyle. But we have to consider the well being of every student on campus and we have to be open to change and progress. I contend full heartily that this is the most progressive move we could make as students on this campus and it is a change that will benefit everyone. Until next time, breath easy everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So excited! Can't wait!
ReplyDelete