The Great American Smokeout was a wonderful success and the perfect way to end the semester. We passed out promotional materials to at least 1000 students as well as received a great deal of coverage from the Collegio. In fact, they did a question and answer session with me that I feel made great strides in promoting our message and making it more clear. I was able to effectively relay our motivations behind making our campus tobacco free in a biased free environment. In addition, the survey on GUS received feedback from over 500 students. The results will be distributed to me tomorrow and I will surely update everyone on the findings.
There is still much to do next semester. Gorillas in Your Midst will continue their promotional efforts while SGA will be spending our time drafting a fully comprehensive policy for students to vote on in April 2012. I will continue to keep everyone up to date on the policy drafting process as it goes along. Our goal is to have a policy ready for SGA to approve by March 1st to give them all the time they need to evaluate and make adjustments that they feel are necessary. Hopefully by this time next semester, we will be in the beginning stages of implementing our policy and by Fall 2012, we will be a tobacco free campus stating our claim as a student body that truly value the health of ourselves and those around us. Until next time, breath easy all.
No comments:
Post a Comment